Thursday, April 11, 2013

Its Not Fair....All This Judegement






 

Its not fair for their to be a preference of women being gay or bisexual over men. With the media's constant undertone of sex is always includes a man and a woman. 

 Ultimately,I think it comes down to which gender more people would more likely want to watch have sex.Since these relationships are out of the ordinary we treat them more like objects instead of people and their relationships. I've also noticed that men tend to link being gay or bisexual with not being masculine, another reason they're not very open to the subject as far as I've seen.

  The older I get the more I realize how people particularly men tend to be more homophobic towards gay or bisexual men versus gay or bisexual women. When I was dating whenever I would ask my boyfriend anything about gay men he would always have an offensive and rude answer that usually included the word fag  or queer.I never understood why it made him so uncomfortable I mean he was straight and no one was questioning him also because he was okay with women being gay. The more guys I talked to about the subject the more I was seeming to get the same answer. So I started thinking.... was it their personal opinion or were they just saying what they thought they should say based on how most guys act?

 At the end of all of my contemplating I was still stuck with this question...

 Are men more uncomfortable with the thought of something being gay or someone stepping out of their comfort zone ?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment